GPR offers a range of methodologies to measure the in-situ geological and geotechnical properties of soil and rock. The constraints of each site, geological and geotechnical properties, project requirements and geophysical principles on which is based every method of investigation guide the choice of the best technique to use.
The following are methods often employed for measuring in-situ Soil and Rock Properties including elastic moduli, damping ratio, seismic velocities and electrical properties:
- Down-hole seismic survey;
- Cross-hole seismic survey;
- Multichannel Analysis of Surface-waves (MASW);
- Borehole logging;
- Direct velocity measurements;
- Electrical resistivity survey.
For more information, please contact our Ground Survey Team.